Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

Whoa, it's been a while since I posted on here! Honestly, life got the best of me & it still is but I thought I would stop by & post. :) Especially since I am stuck in bed from so much pain from having my wisdom teeth extracted. 

Today, I'm showing off how I make rainbow cupcakes. My siblings LOVE these! Sometimes I even make these 'just for fun.' They're SUPER EASY & a big hit!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED: 

- White Cake Mix (and everything the box says you need.)
(I prefer Betty Crocker's Super Moist, but you can use what you like)

- Food coloring


And of course the rest of the basics like cupcake liners & what not. :) 

HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN: 
(You'll have to excuse my horrible pictures, I took them with my Blackberry.)

1.) Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. 

2.) Separate it into cups evenly. I used 5 colors, so used 5 cups. You can use bowls or whatever, it's just what I have available. 

3.) Make each cup a different color. I used red, yellow, green, blue & purple.


4.) Using a spoon, pour one color at a time into the cupcake liners. 

5.) Bake according to directions on the box. 

You'll end up with something similar to this! :) 


And when you cut them in half, you'll have this! :) 


You can ice them if you would like, we're not big icing fans, so I left it off. 

ENJOY!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, those sound good! And yummy too! How could you leave off FROSTING though?!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete