Monday, January 24, 2011

iPod Imitation Valentines - Craft

It's been a while, I know. But going back to school and getting everything ready for my grandpa's surprise party got the best of me. It started taking all my time up, but I'm back. And I'm ready to take "crafting" to the next level. :) 

Today, I'm showing you how to make iPod imitation valentines. I'm making these for my little brother's class since he's getting a bit older and I think the flat cards that my mom used to send me to school with are pretty boring. 

I had thought of the idea before, then while trying to come up with a printout of the iPod screen and circle pad I found a similar tutorial on Family Fun and I did use their printable because I couldn't come up with anything better. :P

Here's how I made them.

What you'll need:

1.) 1 oz. box of Sweethearts
2.) 2 mini Reeses cups
3.) 1 4x7 inch piece of red construction paper
4.) 1 pipe cleaner
5.) iPod screen & circle home button printout (found here)
6.) Glue gun
7.) Aluminum foil circles to cover Resses cups - optional (I didn't use them.)




And here is how to make them... with photos! ;)

Step 1.) Glue the circle & screen onto the center of the red paper.


Step 2.) Wrap and glue the red paper around the box of Sweethearts.


Step 3.) Fold pipe cleaner like show in the materials picture above and glue it to the top corner of the Sweethearts box.


Step 4.) Glue a Resses cup to each of the ends of the pipe cleaner. (excuse my horrible picture, lol)



Remember, if you want to, you can wrap the Reeses cups in aluminum foil first.


And with that, you're done!!! :)


If you try this out for yourself, I would LOVE to see so send me a link. :) xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's so awesome :D you're very creative!

    I am a new friend to your lovely and crafty blog. Hope you have a great week and I'll be around soon!

    Thank you for your love on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. New follower from the sits girls forum.

    ReplyDelete